Thread Milling Cutters, Threading Dies, Gauges, PCT Tools,
HSS-E Taps, Boring Systems and HSK-T Turning Systems.
JBO Thread Milling Cutters
Long service life, shortest processing times and excellent end product thread surface quality
We sell and service JBO thread milling cutters in the U.S. and Canada. JBO makes some of the highest quality thread mills available focusing on long service life, shortest processing times and an excellent surface quality.
We provide excellent advance and ongoing support for engineers, designers and machinists. We’ll look at your blueprint and advise the best tool for your application and specifications. Please reference catalogs shown on right for tool specifications.
GF Solid carbide thread milling cutter
Universal tool for cost effective production of internal screw threads.
GFS Solid carbide thread milling cutter with chamfering capability
Universal tool for cutting internal screw threads. Thread milling and chamfering in single machining cycle.
GFM Solid carbide wide range thread milling cutter
Universal tool for cutting a wide range of thread-0 with an identical pitch.
GFS-ST Solid carbide thread milling cutter with chamfering for steel and tough materials
Special version of GFS cutter for internal screw threads with chamfer.
GFM-ST Solid carbide wide range thread milling cutter for steel and tough materials
Special version of GFM cutter for cutting a wide range of threads with an identical pitch.
GFM-STL Solid carbide wide range thread milling cutter, extended version for steel and tough materials
Special cutter similar to GFM-ST for cutting a wide range of threads with an identical pitch. Optimum tool for cutting deep threads in tough material.
GFH Solid carbide thread milling cutter for hard materials
Special version of GF cutter for cutting internal threads in tempered and hardened steels in the 54-63 HRC range.
GFE-GFT Solid carbide thread milling cutter for micro sizes
Universal tools for cutting internal threads ranging from M1.0 to M6.0 and 0-80 UNF to ¼-20 UNC
General advantages of thread milling
- The same cutter can be used to produce threads to different tolerance classes
- Threads can be cut to exact depth
- Threads can be cut down to near bottom of blind holes
- Less power needed for cutting internal threads
- Short machining times due to high cutting speeds
- Excellent thread surface finish
- Short chips, hence no chip problems
- Right and left hand threads can be produced in blind or through holes by the same cutter
- Low cutting forces enable threads to be cut in thin wall workpieces
- Cutting speeds and feeds can be matched individually to workpiece material
- No change of cutter spindle direction of rotation required
- No special tapping chucks required, standard chucks suffice
- Start of thread accurately determined by NC program
- Tool breakage does not necessarily entail scrapping of the workpiece